- Get Informed
- Get Involved
- Our Campaigns
- Your Voices
- Donate Now
#ShareTheLove for Marriage Equality
Support Marriage Equality on Valentine's Day »
HotForTheatre presents I ♥ Alice ♥ I
18 March 2015-21 March 2015 8.00pm - Project Arts Theatre »
The case for civil marriage equality in Ireland »
Why Equal Marriage Matters
Grainne Healy, Chairwoman of Marriage Equality »
Married couple Vivian Cummins and Erney Breytenbach
Married couple Vivian Cummins and Erney Breytenbach have been fostering in Ireland for 9 years. Hear them tell their tale of parenthood and how marriage equality would benefit their family. »
Marriage Equality's mission is to achieve equal access to civil marriage for same sex couples in Ireland. Get involved →
Marriage equality needs you
Since the win at the Constitutional Convention in 2013, Marriage Equality approached the ICCL and GLEN to build a coalition campaign to win the referendum in 2015. That work is steaming ahead and with the support and solidarity of many LGBT and civil society organisations.
Three things you can do to ensure the majority of people vote YES to marriage equality in 2015:
- Check the register: go to www.checktheregister.ie and make sure your name is on the electoral register – if you are not on it, no matter how much you support civil marriage equality you will not be able to vote. Make sure your vote counts! Get your family and friends to check they are on it too.
- Fund the work: Winning referenda costs money. We need supporters like you to dig deep to support the Yes campaign for civil marriage equality. Donate today and organise fundraising events to help fund the campaign. Your money will allow us to run the strongest campaign possible. Your small change will enable us to make big changes – donate today!
- Start conversations: Speak to those who are already supportive and make sure they intend to vote – start conversations with your friends and family and with your workmates or student colleagues. Sharing your story or the stories of others about why marriage matters to same-sex couples is a sure way to change hearts and minds and mobilise the YES vote. Be an ambassador for the Yes to civil marriage campaign. Listen to the concerns raised by those who have not yet made up their minds. Addressing these concerns is how we win. Start those conversations today!
- Referendum date marks countdown to equality for all Irish citizens 20 Feb 2015 Friday, 20th February 2015: An Taoiseach’s announcement that his preferred date for the Marriage Equality Referendum is May 22nd is →
- Pathways to legal recognition for children and parents in LGBT headed families will be secured when Children & Family Relationships Bill Becomes Law 19 Feb 2015 Thursday, 19th February 2015: Marriage Equality today welcomes the publication of the Children & Family Relationships Bill, heralding it as →