- Get Informed
- Get Involved
- Our Campaigns
- Your Voices
- Donate Now
Summer Course: Addressing Homophobia in Schools
2 July 2012 - 6 July 2012, 9:00 AM
This July, Educate Together & BeLonGTo are running a week-long professional development course for teachers - Addressing Homophobia in Schools.
This course is open to any teacher from any sector of primary & secondary education who is interested in addressing homophobia, and runs from:
Monday July 2nd to Friday 6th July.
The INTO are supporting the course - and it'll take place in the INTO Learning Centre on Parnell Square.
Educate Together is delighted to be offering a course challenging homophobia, which can manifest itself in primary and secondary schools and can have long-term repercussions for children and families alike. Addressing homophobia in schools is long overdue.
This course was developed in 2011, and is the first course of its kind in Ireland.
It will give teachers the knowledge and capacity to address homophobia, for example by:
- Developing whole school approaches to homophobia;
- Enhancing pastoral care of all pupils who experience homophobic bullying;
- Promoting equality for pupils who may identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT);
- Promoting equality for pupils who have LGBT parents or family members;
- Enhancing understanding of relevant equality legislation.
All the information on the course can be found on Educate Together's website & registration is now open!
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
INTO Learning Centre, Parnell Square, Dublin